Wednesday, March 23, 2011

03/23/2011 - Thank You Cincy

Yesterday was a great day! I got to shoot my performance for my friend Jon Evans' (http://www.uglybrowncoat.com/) web-zine. It was a lot of fun. we got a lot of cool footage and had a good time shooting everything. The rest of the day was lots of fun. We chilled and toked and jammed a lot. Quite a few of Jon's friend came by to hang out and we all played on each others' tunes. The music scene here is so cool. All the songwriters are great, and they are down to help out and support everyone's music.

The show was at Knock Back Nats. It was pretty good. There were a good number of people there, maybe 35-40 people crammed into a skinny, short bar. After my set I was hanging out and my new friend Cary Davenport (http://www.myspace.com/561031861) asked if I wanted to play another set down the street. I didn't have much going on, and he wanted to do a set, so we made our way to MOTR Bar in downtown Cincinnati. It was a cool joint. There were high ceilings, and a lot of moving space inside. It was a blast doing two sets last night with two really good performers, Cary and Jon.

After the shows we came back to Jon's for more partying. We go HAM in Cincy... The party was bumpin' until 4AM. We had beers and pots, it was a fun time. Thanks to everyone for the hospitality. Its been a long time since I've ran into people that treat me this good on the road! Cincinnati will be seeing more of me in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment