Thursday, March 24, 2011

03/24/2011 - What Happened?

Driving to Indianapolis was pretty good.It is a short trip from Cincinnati, only about two hours. I stayed in Cincinnati for a little while to hang out with Jon Evans (http://www.uglybrowncoat.com/) and some new friends that I made. We loaded up some equipment from the night before from Knock Back Nats. Afterwards in order for me to be on time I had leave Cincy. Thanks so much again guys for everything! Everyone I hung out with and met was amazing. I'll be back soon for sure.

Once I got to Indianapolis I met the barista and a couple of older gentlemen. They were extremely nice. One of the men, Dennis, let me use his equipment for my set, and stayed around for the whole thing and afterwards to chat with me. The other man does some photography for an Indianapolis art and music review. He was very kind and was very interested in me and my story. Thanks everyone else that stuck around to listen!

After the show there was a storm. It was a normal thunder/lightning storm, until the clouds got really dark and it began to hail! Two hail storms in one tour?! AHHH! It was alright though. I wasn't driving anywhere for a while, and by the time I did hit the road the storm was over.

I made my way towards Chicago. It isn't a long drive from Indianapolis. I figured I could drive part of the way last night and the rest today. That didn't work... I was going to go about half way then sleep in my car at a truck stop or something. Not realizing how cold it was I tried that. But the best part is my heat stopped working for some reason. It had been fine the whole trip until last night... So after talking to my encouragement to find a motel, I went on the hunt for a room. This was a challenge in itself. I couldn't spend too much money, but I knew I wasn't going to find hostel priced places. Luckily after only an hour or so of driving forther north I found a Motel 6 with a single bed rate of $29.99! I was never happier to see a cheap motel sign. Trying to brave the 25 degree weather wasn't on my plate for the night. I sucked it up and paid the man to give me a key. It was nice having a bed, shower, and tele to watch. Thank you Aerlyne for making me find a room, and also for the help. I probably wouldn't have gotten of that exit if you didn't tell me there were a lot of motels/hotels.

So now we're here. I'm basically in Chicago right now. Its kind of chilly, and I have 4 hours to kill... I'll try to find something, but with no funds its hard. I have a radio interview with Fearless Radio at 4PM CDT (5PM EST) http://www.fearlessradio.com/ Stop by and listen! Tweet me questions at @fearlessradio

2 comments: